Objective Ranking Tool (ORT)
The support of the Objective Ranking Tool (ORT), a webbased software application, is multi-functional to make comparisons. ORT helps for example to:
- prioritise risk locations and circumstances based on a defined threat;
- define the vulnerability and resilience of organisations to natural hazards and extreme weather;
- judge alternatives when taking decisions and compare the outcome with the 'ideal' solution;
- decide in questions of ranking to define the best shop or product;
- analyse in questions of compliancy which elements score well and which don't;
- choose the best candidate in recruitment and selection;
- make the best choice in tender processes;
- find the best partner in a dating process;
- choose the best energy- or telecom provider for a specific group of customers.
The support of ORT will lead, in a verifiable and objective process, in a short timeframe, to a ranking of alternatives based on predefined criteria. The highest scoring alternative related to a reference, complies the most to the defined criteria. In the process, in which all stakeholders can be involved, the imphasis is based on facts, meanings and opinions will be made objective as much as possible. The outcome will give input for decision making.
The most important features:
- the combination of three scientific principles: Similarity Judgment, Analytic Hierarchy Processing and Delphi-panel;
- involvement of all relevant partners, their interests and the translation to criteria;
- the common process and analyses, which is needed to develop criteria, will lead to better acceptance of the outcome;
- ORT is easy to adapt when new information is available;
- within ORT sensitivity analyses will be possible.
PSJ offers with ORT:
- the use of a high-quality software application, availability based on license or one time use;
- proces support and project management;
- substantive support.